The Department of Special Education and Student Services supports this mission by:
- complying with the provisions of IDEA of 1997(Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 1997) and the IDEIA of 2004 (Individuals withDisabilities Improvement Act of 2004)
- appropriately identifying students with disabilities based on federal and state criteria
- providing high quality, specialized instructional programs utilizing supplemental materials and research based strategies
- facilitating a collaborative team among parents, staff, and students to build a positive learning environment
- promoting a strengths based approach to build on success
- supporting the development of knowledge and skills to prepare students to be college bound and/or career ready in the following areas: academics; social/emotional; behavioral; communication; fine and gross motor; organization; transition goals; and functional life skills.